Welcome to InviteLanD

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why A Horror Cult Classic Took 15 Years To Move Forward With A Sequel

Garfi3ld

Director Michael Dougherty explains why his film Trick 'r Treat has taken so long to move forward with its sequel, which was announced in 2009.

• Trick 'r Treat director, Michael Dougherty, reveals that he wants Trick 'r Treat 2 to be as good, if not better, than the original, which is why the development has taken so long.
  • Progress on Trick 'r Treat 2 has been slow since its announcement in 2009, but recently there have been more updates from Dougherty, including the mention of several drafts of a script.
  • Trick 'r Treat 2 will not feature the original cast, but the anthology format allows for endless character possibilities, ensuring a well-thought-out story for the sequel.

Trick ‘r Treat director explains why the development of Trick ‘r Treat 2 has taken so long. Directed by Michael Dougherty, Trick ‘r Treat is a 2007 comedy-horror film featuring five interwoven Halloween stories. Trick ‘r Treat stars Anna Paquin, Brian Cox, Dylan Baker, Rochelle Aytes, and Quinn Lord.

Now, Dougherty reveals why Trick ‘r Treat 2 took so long to develop. Speaking with Collider, the director detailed the pressure he puts on himself to make a quality sequel: “I want it to be as good if not better than the original.” In setting this standard, Dougherty commented that “good things take time.” Check out the full quote from Dougherty below:

I mean, I love all of our favorite horror franchise characters as much as any of us, but not all of them are great. And I know we've grown to love even the lesser chapters of our favorite horror series. There's always a cheese value to them, but if I'm gonna do a sequel, I want it to be as good if not better than the original, and good things take time. The last thing I would want is to see ‘Trick ‘r Treat Part 9: Sam Goes to Space,’ you know? Although that does have potential, I will say.

Back